Oyako don (Rice bowl with chicken and egg)
・Serving size：1 person
・Preparation time：10 minutes
80g halal certified chicken thigh
110g （2 eggs） egg
15g soy sauce
Proper amount of trefoil
1. Cut onion into sliced pieces and cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
2. Put soy sauce, broth, honey, sugar and onion in a pan.
3. Boil on highly medium heat.
4. Add chickeen.
5. Boil on medium heat for furthermore 2-3 minutes, in order to heat chicken.
6. Add 2/3 beaten egg.
7. Cover and boil on low heat for 2 minutes.
8. Add remained beaten egg, cover and boil on medium heat for 10 seconds.
9. Put on rice and add trefoil.
It is a popular rice bowl menu in Japan and it is called “Oyako don (parent-child rice bowl)” since chicken (parent) and egg (child) are used.
We use honey instead of sweet cooking rice wine.